Fundraising Progress:
Raised: $3208.15 Goal : $3000

Wednesday 27 November 2013

Almost there.... Almost there!

Almost there... Almost there!!

Today was such a long day at work.  I was so anxious to get to packing and checking and double checking I have everything, I just want to get done work and get this party started!

I want to give a huge thanks and shout out to my last minute (really... like 2 weeks ago, but I am slow). I made $3000 my goal on a whim mostly.  I thought it was a bit out of range, but I figured I would strive for it.  Well, I hit it, and beyond!!! All thanks to generous friends and family, and friends and family of the friends and family.  I have been totally blown away by the support.

That extra fund raising was able to help cover the costs of another team mate, and purchase more meds and physio equipment to take on the trip.  It will help the folks we go down to see, so we can do that much more!

So I am working on getting all my stuff together.  I have a problem.  We are going for 12 days total.  1 day will be completely taken with travel, and 5 are completely filled with medical clinics.  The last day we are leaving early, so 4 days will be sight- seeing.  Anyway, I have to fit my personal supplies (BP cuff, stethascope, gloves, alcohol swabs, hand sanatizer, flashlight, batteries, pens, clip board....) as well as my mosquito net, mosquito repelent, personal first aid kit, shoes, sandels, scrubs, and maybe some other clothes.... into 16 lbs total weight and a 1/3 of a hockey bag in volume, my carry on, and a 'personal item' (ie. laptop bag or purse).

This is what I've got gathered up so far:

The jar is instant coffee, and yes, there is a frisbee.  I thought it would be fun to take and leave with a child down there to make their day.  We will see if it makes the cut!  I might swim in my cloths to save taking a bathing suit... there is just too much stuff and not enough space.

I'll post another picture when it's all packed.




No comments:

Post a Comment